Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breathing (2012)



I should probably be meditating on
rivers, how they flow without
a care,
like the wind in my hair
like the time you put
nair all over your legs
hoping for a solution
and the stinging offered promise
but the chemical pollution knocked
you unconscious, scared and
frightened you came to,
leaving me wondering what to do
but you pulled through
I don’t know why I thought
of that, I hope you’ve
learned your lesson
and that your actions
aren’t determined, by your
thinking you-are less than
because of your
humanity, or stupidly rushing in
to stoke your
vanity.



I should probably be breathing,
letting go of all attachments.
Would-be Buddha, wait, scratch that.
That was my ego did you
catch it?

Not too long ago you called me
attractive,
-and my heart raced like THAT mattered.
Pitter-patter, I was flattered,
wondered if the rest of me was also,
like my personality, my actions.
Fat stacks of wealthy accomplishments
Richly-rated relationships
    guaranteed satisfaction
affirming others as if
            overcompensating
sympathetic in my reactions.
But all of this is my attachment,
Each thought, each memory breathed
-tingles the strands
in the web of my
         attachment.





I should concentrate on nothing,
I should focus on the absence
    But I find delight in my grieving,
                Overcome by strong emotion
                I long to release in purged
                                                     Explosion
They say the universe is exploding
    ever outward in
                     waves,
                                excited energy
    Galaxies,
                grieving,        just the same
                                                           as me
and in-between, a void, a nothing,      or perhaps
the true long lasting              connection
                                       in this
                         ~breathing~


but today,
                I’m enjoying my own reflection. 





No comments: