Saturday, May 07, 2011

Recent 2011 poems from other blog

Longing

I long for something truthful
Is it too much to ask that I find it in your face?
expectations never satisfied, for each moment creates anew
excitement builds and magnifies until
disappointment becomes my view.

My mother says its the meaning you make of experiences
and that when you are older the difference is made plain
compassion for our young inner selves,
reveals realities and
inevitably relieves the strain.

But tonight I lay in my memories
child victim mocked for his excitement
looking for love in all the wrong places
stomach sick, head down
so as not to see the disgust on their faces.

Yes I long for something truthful
a moment of understanding between us
I won't say love, for of course that takes time
but just a hint of receptivity could allow me
to leave the shame behind.


Keeled Over with my Stomach Caving In

I know its hard for you to understand
-like its hard for me to understand when you question what is in front of you.

Is a chair a chair or isn't it?

and I wonder why you are calling yourself a chair

but I do understand past my impish smile, these are the worries caused by those chains deeply hidden... and I recognize myself in them now.
Recognize their grasp as the doubt that keeps me from moving forward,
cold digging shakes my frame,
piercing, so every dream is punctured,
and the dark ever enveloping, shroud of confusion, panic building.

and these are my outbursts, tears gathering at odd moments.
lack of comforting gestures, clenched responses -held like shoulders and teeth grinded
arms crossed and hunched over
so that everything returns to the child's pose



Tonight I contemplated writing your death song
you know the one that pours out from some primordial place in my throat
all bawling salty sting and spittle
all heartbreak, center shaking, inconsolable
lost between the nothingness of wanting to be numb
and the nothingness of bleeding void
lost between hoping for relief, unsure that time can fill such vacancies
and with anger that time would dare try
if there are words, I am sure "no" will be featured prominently
as will that one word question.

No comments: