Monday, August 21, 2006

American Dream (August 2006)

The American Dream
Got me a big screen TV
So I can watch my soaps and
Sitcoms , sit calmly by while
Others are denied such simple pleasures

The American dream
Got me my lazy boy recliner
I cant think up a better definer

The American dream
Got me this pool filled
With chlorine
Serene scenes attempt
To wash my guilt clean.

((((just sitting up one night or something, started rhyming in my head and writing it out.... I had listened to some people spewing garbage on the american dream on fox news radio.... I guess my thoughts on the american dream is that its selfish in a way, and also that it has gone from something that might have been noble at one point(though a lot of hypocrisy would have to be allowed) to being something more like content and apathetic. I often hear of former millionares back in the day who helped establish things like libraries on their death beds, but now more and more even the rich are robbing the poor again and again. no handouts or step ups.
even the shit about working hard, well maybe we are already working too hard, maybe our goals shouldnt be material driven. i think stronger communities and such would be more worthy a cause. There could even be nationalism based on something real, a community of support of love, rather than a country who's pride comes in how many big ass cars they drive. we will figure it out, hopefully before its too late)))

No comments: