Monday, August 21, 2006

For chris (2001)

For Chris


Tossed like a dirty shirt,(Chris)
Played out rhythm.(A repeating system that does not work!)
Passed on by our fathers’ (given up on)
Reborn children. (The same old politicians)
Shadow slave repressed,(robbed of freedom)
Told to sing songs of submission. (Told to give up)
Forgotten peace, chains stalking (its chaos in handcuffs)
denied ambition.
Sentinels on the lookout (Cops are looking)
for the next,
Silly nerd boy who feels misunderstood.
Making money to be cool,
selling drugs in the neighborhood.



((((((This was the first poem I wrote about Chris D, I think he had just gotten put in Juvie or something, we werent sure what was happening to him, and I dont think I had gotten any letters yet. I was sitting around trying to brain storm for class, but i was a rebellious little fucker who didnt want to do any of my assignment and instead wrote about what ever the fuck i was feeling.... it ended up being included with two other poems (power) and (riots) -both of which will be up in a second, and put on a picture... (maybe throw that up later)
---this is the first poem I ever wrote with a sort of more literal translation included... the spacing is all fucked up on blogger so I couldnt show that, and just put the translations in (example).))))))))))))))

No comments: