Friday, April 07, 2006

By the end of this mumbling rant I will have proved my point (driving along the inner-state of the planet) (summer 2005)

Driving along 94,
several cars more
than im use to dealing with
trying to relate to it, that bird
flying over the collected masses of rock, metal oil
mass produced and in motion
become that bird like Siddhartha
Realize
We ought to be living our lives introspecting
collecting -data to inherit in the next life
the net life and collective of us all
share and repair, old wounds under new moons

instead we move ahead of ourselves
building what we hope for a better tomorrow
having not accepted the wisdom of our former lives
I yawn and sigh..... im getting older and the day is colder than yesterday but sunny!
I stroke my half ass beard returning to the moment and BRAKE,
and collect my fear and bundle it up tight like winter mornings before the bus arrives.
Try to interpret the billboards, fancy store lighting and why im drawn in
smell of the air is thick with old factories burning and spewing sewage into our already polluted shit.
That river starts with a clear trickle I seen it...

I wonder about those bush stickers, bumpers just asking to be bumped,
high structured signs displaying gas prices meant to be pumped
lumping all the words that rhyme into one jumble and find ourselves stumped
about what to do and whom with
“they” make their choices leave “us” to deal with the consequences

fly solo
little bird
you have lost your permission to fly in groups
shotguns and rifles our legacy
you the menace
we want our fields with no FLOCKS
our hair with no locks and poor with NO SOCKS
to better make the references to Jesus as a poor man, gathering

gather me up o lord and shelter my eyes as you know I have kept them open too long and Im blinded with SELF PITY as I look upon MY CITY and see all those I NEED to be kept IN NEED,
so I can remain with the ability to sing my song.
Too long... Lord too long... And we di-sect you then tri 4,5,6,7,8,9 sect you for I set you upon an alter and the rest set you upon your knees,
or the other way around if you please
just know that I am the wise one who follows....

Hollow images, I digress much from the point
and hopefully soon there is a point
cuz if we remain this stubborn way, we will soon have to press play
to see green grass and blue skies and animals with cute furry tails and shit.... ha oh snap in your face!!!! Consider it proven


**** the thoughts while driving, the thoughts of trying to make the world better, the hypocrisy and hope of spirituality, the failing connection with the earth... this poem was written to be performed with hand gestures and singing, and praying, i did sort of a half assed version at an open mic a few months ago.****

No comments: