Friday, April 07, 2006

secrets (fall 2005)

The secrets she held
wove and strung so
tightly
twisting
winding
the string binding
her breath, her
free range
her stomach
tightened and leather bound
the secrets so intricately wound
her own heart beat the kick of a gun
like
bang Bang BANG BANG!
and with each beat she is frightened again
and with each breath she sucks in and tightens again
and through this trend, stumbles and yearns for a friend
but her hand is cold and numb
and with out feeling,
so she don't believe her eyes and assumes that you lie
her secrets too shy, to release
and so the pressure increases
shakily she stands alone till her trembling
overworked heart
ceases...

***this is just a twisted little image of the things I think about. I wrote it the day I met Alexis actually while i was talking to her(in the way I meet people-as in the day I first had a good conversation with her) but it had nothing to do with what we were talking about. I think the urge, the panic stricken ness of the piece reminds me of Nikki (my first girl friend), the image was just something I had in my head, I think maybe I felt like too many people were wrapped too tight…****

No comments: