Friday, April 07, 2006

the next chapter (spring 2003)

Flinging off responses so candidly
Emotions like blood spill from the flood
A retrospective, introspective
search seek and deny
My flights aren’t good enough, so why am I?
I speak upon the journey of two fortnights past
and I pass it away
Pass over it in conversation.
They tell me to write about it, as if it were the pivotal moment in this
man’s life,
but for me just a flight,
more comfy than papers, math books and college applications, examinations
of who I am.
I’ll take them on my own time, in foreign lands, thank you.
Soul Searching
My natural rhythm
Enlightenment my natural drive.
Rejection my fear,

Decades making this transition
This trip, my last attempt at an intermission
Before life in their eyes,
becomes mine.

*****this is about my first trip to europe... i wrote it afterwards when i realized how much i was afraid of moving on... the trip made me ready. people told me to write about my trip for my college application so I wrote this poem about it and then spoke about how the trip made me realize what was important to me, but initially it was just me running away.*****

No comments: