Friday, April 07, 2006

Siren (2001-2?)

Siren

She sang like the wind howling through dusty mountains
The tone reversed seasons
And shattered the glass walls
Of our eyes
The feeling was cotton candy
and nails
and we consumed
it despite the red of the rust
warm tears of pain flowed freely

No, tears of joy
She was a chamber of
Chaos
And
Forced it through holes
like a hose
Trying to direct a waterfall

The red light of analysis flicked on in us
Disturbing the weak in
The crowd

She ripped the organs from her chest
And gave them to us
The screaming of gentle abuse
The microphone began to choke her
Still she refused to give up
But Dry screams
Die out


*****this is sort of about a certain woman who’s voice I died for, she had that Janice Joplin style give it your all approach, most people couldn’t stand her screams, and for me they were climax. But every night she sang she would lose her voice, and I think in a lot of ways it says a lot about her as a person, and the things she is going through. but I shouldn’t overplay that this is only about her, there are a few musicians who got me through my high school years by doing this, maybe it got them through too.***

No comments: