Friday, April 07, 2006

complacency (2003?)

Pressed into tragedy
exacting ransoms in their entirety
throw off shackles why? I'm weary
lost in my idol
call it complacency

Pressed and pressed and pressed again, papers suppressed and thoughts revoked, breathes and coughs and coughs and chokes, the air was hot I don't remember when.

Find your pen and write it down three parts to depart with ink and blood fill it's void, it's fantasy slip back to complacency

Slide she said in undone tone, find your thoughts and dreams to roam slide in fact and slide again slide in dreams where feathers bend, slide your days until the phone, wake to dream you were alone. Slightly off and slightly free slightly less of you and me, slightly gone, still eyes are free, rest me there complacency.

The needle in the needle out, freak and fold, hung up on poles. Sun in warmth with strides to high, crying, our unearthed foundation. Famine feasts and finds us fasting nearing on the everlasting, verge of heaven, maybe insanity shedding our complacency.

Lay me down, while splatters and trickles, reach the sides the forth drawn sickle lay me down in beds of clay, mold me, sculpt but find a way to reach through walls millennia old draw me back into the fold lay to find in trance and beat, cast off complacency to be complete.


****the search for connection in life, the search to cast off the things keeping us in place…
the methods mentioned… fighting censorship (self or other), going crazy/giving up on this life, living in fantasy in dreams, in your head, (the needle thing is not actually about drugs its about spiritual rites) as is the fasting, dance, music, ritual, ancient stuff, giving up, giving in, cutting out, crying out****

No comments: